Voting

Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh! What a Day!

Today April 29th, 2011 I went to bed at 8:45AM.  Yes.  I was up watching with the rest of the world what little girls (and big girls) dream of; a prince marrying his princess. From the timely fashionable arrivals to the pinnacle of a beautiful day in history, I was glued to the TV.  Snapshots of The Royal Wedding will be lingering on TV like leftover Thanksgiving dinners, therefore lets move on to the important stuff, the fascinators!!


Let's just say that I am desperately seeking for some newly engaged Brit friends. I MUST wear a fascinator, like this weekend! Fascinators are those "silly" hats fancy, pompous British women wear on special occasions. In the states you can spot some of these at the Kentucky Derby and often at southern churches.  I really don't like how some people refer to them as silly. Those hats are NOT silly!!


These hats are sure to become the new must have accessory. It's definately one for me.  Soon websites and magazines will have their list of "best and worst" hats at the Royal Wedding and honestly for me their isn't a best or worst list.  The thing with fascinators is that they have to make sense with the rest of the outfit. Whether it is the color, style  or shape there has to be a seamless coordiantion from head to toe.

If you would like to purchase one, here is an Etsy store with some super cool choices.  And another one here.  If you've got a fat wallet, ehem, purse then you can always work with a hatter in designing your own.

Here are some of my faves from the Royal Wedding.









My absolute FAVE!!!! Call me crazy!





Can you picture these FAB ladies just about to gossip? I can.




XOXO
Kikiboom.com





No comments:

Post a Comment